One day in the Emilian Appennine is the opportunity to discover all the naturalistic beauties of the Tuscan-Emilian Appennine National Park, the Appennine that rises up between the Tuscan see and the Emilian plain.
Below you can find our proposals to discover this area. For information and suggestions on our naturalistc beauties to visit in the nearby of Cerwood, contact us. We are here for you!
This is one of the most important tourist centre of the Tuscan- Emilian Appennine National Park and it is located inside the Ventasso district (currently the largest one in the province of Reggio Emilia).
Cervarezza Terme is the ideal place to spend the holidays while being surrounded by nature, relaxing, doing sports and having fun. At Cervarezza Terme you can find a thermal centre and a spa, a pool, different leisure services and sport facilities, an equipped camping with bungalows and stopovers. You can visit the cork museum (where the infomation office of the Park is located) and the most important naturalistic attractions of the Tuscan-Emilian Appennine National Park, such as the Pietra di Bismantova, the Calamone Lake, the Gessi Triassici Valley and some of the most beautiful villages of the Appennine, like Cerreto Alpi and Nismozza.
The Pietra di Bismantova
Arriving to Castelnovo Monti you will be greeted by the majestic Pietra di Bismantova, an upland which impressively stands out the surrounding landscape. It is part of a wider sandstone area, which shattered over millions of years of geological evolution.
The climb over the top is pleasant and within everyone’s reach. At your arrival you will be rewarded with a spectacular view that embraces the arch of the Emilan-Modenese Appennine, and during the days with the best visibility you can see also the Alps.
For the lovers of rock climbing, the Pietra di Bismantova is a training ground amongst the most renowned Italian climbing routes. It is perfect also for bouldering, thanks to the various rocks scattered on its slopes and recently it is becoming famous for slacklining.
The Pietra di Bismantova has been quoted in a very famous passage of the Divina Commedia by Dante Alighieri :
«Once climbs Sanlèo, and descends to Noli
one wins the summit of Bismàntova,
helped solely by one’s feet; but one up here would have to fly;
with the swift wings, I mean, and plumes
of great desire, behind the Guide,
who gave me hope and furnished me with light.»
(Dante, Purgatorio, canto IV, vv. 25-30)
The Calamone Lake
The Calamone Lake (also known as the Ventasso Lake) is one of the most evocative lake with glacial origin of the Emilian Appennine.
It is located at the foot of the Mount Ventasso in a landscape characterised by wide clearings and beech and conifer forests. The lake area is full of water plants which have given rise to swamp areas and peat bogs nearby.
The famous scientist Lazzaro Spallanzani from Scandiano, during 1700s, sailed along the lake and used a lead cable to measure its depth, debuking the myth that the Calamone Lake was bottomless.
Nearby Cerwood Adventure Park you can find also…
- La Panoramica hostel: 500 meters from the Cerwood Adventure Park and 5 minutes walk from the astronomical observatory, it has accomodation capacity of 25/30 beds, divided in six sleeping areas, with two bedrooms and bathrooms. The kitchen and the recreational areas are for common use. It is possible to book the facility in self-management.
For information: (039) 348 4060500 – email@example.com
- Le Fonti Camping: it is located a few minutes from Cerwood Adventure Park, in a panoramic area. Here it is possible to stay on the campsite with tents and campers or stay in the bungalows of the facility. There is a wellness area and various sport areas.
For infomation: (039) 0522 890126 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Il Castagno Hotel: it is located a few km from Cerwood Adventure Park and near the village of Busana. It is surrounded by a beautiful centuries-old chestnut grove.
For information: (039) 0522 891449 – email@example.com
- La Baita d’Oro Restaurant: for years it is the point of reference for good food lovers. It is located 5 minutes by car from the park and it is not only an excellent restaurant, but also a delightful residence. For information: (039) 0522 812794
- La Casa del Gigante: it is a welcoming holiday home near the village of Collagna.
For information contact Gabriele: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lanterna del Parco Restaurant: it is located in the centre of Cervarezza Terme, with genuine dishes of the Emilian tradition, an amazing pizza and a warming and friendly athmosphere.
For information: (039) 0522 890253.
- Il Rifugio dell’Aquila Hotel: it is the ideal location for holidays dedicated to sport and relax at Ligonchio. At the facility there are available also a wellness centre with pool and spa, a panoramic solarium and a restaurant specialised in natural local cuisine.
For information: (039) 0522 895011 – email@example.com
- Valle dei Cavalieri Agritourism: it is an excellence of our Appennine at 1.000 m above sea level in the village of Succiso. It includes bedrooms, a small market, a restaurant with a bar and a wellness centre.
For information: (039) 0522 892346 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- I Briganti di Cerreto: it is a rural location which has preserved its virtues, first among all hospitality. Here you can spend your relaxing vacation away from the city and breath a sigh of relief from daily routine. Different solutions of stay are available.
For information: (039) 0522 897659 – email@example.com
- Osteria Il Fortino Restaurant: homemade local cuisine with tortelli, erbazzone, gnocco fritto, cured meat and much more. All of this in a friendly and warming atmosphere. For information: (039) 0522 810275